The UFO Iconoclast(s)

Thursday, December 05, 2013

Aristotle makes my point!

CDA, in a comment for the item preceding this one, missed my point.

Let me provide this quote, from Aristotle, found in an important and brilliant book I just got from Amazon.com for $20: The Outer Limits of Reason by Noson S. Yanofsky (Professor in the Department of Computer and Information Science at Brooklyn College, NY) from The MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts:

"... although these opinions appear to follow logically in a dialectical discussion, yet to believe them seems next door to madness when one considers the facts. For indeed, no lunatic seems to be so far out of his senses." [On Generation and Corruption, 325a15]

RR

6 Comments:

  • P.S. ...just WHO is displaying dementia here?:

    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/05/Odds-of-alien-life-very-high--House-panel-hears

    By Blogger Kurt Peters, at Thursday, December 05, 2013  

  • Hey you old curmudgeon..Happy Holidays..I went out and got a Christmas tree, had a bowl of ice cream, said the hell with diabetes for one night. Don't let us unwashed imbeciles get you down.

    By Blogger Bruce Duensing, at Thursday, December 05, 2013  

  • I, Bruce, am in that same category: unwashed imbeciles.

    Sometime I'll tell you (all) why.

    (Just had a fudgesicle....almost as good as a bowl of ice cream.)

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Thursday, December 05, 2013  

  • Bruce, welcome to the club, I'm diabetic too, for me low IQ with a high A1C.

    I just now took a shower so I'm not quite unwashed...an imbecile, well that's another matter.

    Rich, happy holidays, my daughter is getting married next weekend so I've a lot on the plate.

    By Blogger Tim Hebert, at Thursday, December 05, 2013  

  • Congratulations, Tim...

    On being washed and having a daughter who's getting married.

    Give her my best wishes.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Thursday, December 05, 2013  

  • Congratulations, Tim...

    On being washed and having a daughter who's getting married.

    Give her my best wishes.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Thursday, December 05, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home